I keep getting logged out

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
When I first visit the forum, I see the article list. Then suddenly I am redirected to the login screen, and I can only return to the article list after about fifteen seconds. Ugh.

Then often I'll answer a question, spending ten minutes, taking screenshots, etc. I click on Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced, and I am returned to the login screen. All traces of the answer I've worked on have been eradicated.

Sometimes I remember to copy everything before I post, but usually I forget until I've lost two or three answers in a session.

Why is this happening? Actually, I don't care why it happens, I just want it to stop. It makes me so crazy that I want to jump over to Stack Overflow.

Can't anything be done about this?

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Checked, right?

Doesn't matter, I keep getting booted.

sandy666

if browser is set to clean cookies automatically it can be a reason, I've never had problem like this except I forgot to check remember me
maybe someone from MrExcel Team will help

Last edited:

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Did you try deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files?
That can sometimes happen if you have a corrupt cookie on your computer.

BTW, which browser are you using, out of curiosity?

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows, MacOS
I'm using Chrome.

I have to check the computer I was on when I had the issue last night; maybe Remember Me isn't checked there. It is checked on this one, and there was no problem on it this morning.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I have been using Chrome for years too, and haven't had any issues (I find it works best, at least for me).

If the issue was on one specific computer, that certainly seems to point the issue being computer-specific, so nothing we can control here on this end.
An unchecked "Remember Me" button and/or corrupt cookies are the most common reasons I have seen for this type of behavior.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetMak

This Week's Hot Topics