I need a formula solution for Summing by Cells that have conditional formatted Colors

Nirvana67

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Macros won't help. I cannot get permission for Kutools. I need to run a row of sums at the bottom of columns that contain blanks, or numbers with three possible colors. I will ultimately have three sum rows, 1 for each possible color that was achieved via conditional formatting. I found where you can add a formula to excel for cells that have colors, but it won't work if that are a result of conditional formatting. I googled around alot and can't seem to find this ability anywhere except in the kutools ad-in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
A possible solution might be to duplicate the conditions in the conditional format, but each cells colors are based on the counts of the cells with numerical values in that row, and there are over 100 rows. and I can't quite get my head around how to formulate that either.

Upvote 0
A possible solution might be to duplicate the conditions in the conditional format ....
Yes, that's the way to do it.

Can you please provide an example of a condition you're using?

And please also let us know, preferably by adding it to your Account details what version of Excel you're using.

Upvote 0
So, below is a pic of the columns I want to be able to total by color, an example of the conditional formatting formula (Based on counts of a given number of cells in each row, and a snapshot to give the idea of how many different conditional format parameters there are for each cell. Hopefully someone can visualize a solution based on this. I am not allowed to provide the actual file due to corporate security.
20220930_085540 (2)smallest.jpg
20220930_085652 smallest.jpg
20220930_085728smallest.jpg

Upvote 0
It's not at all clear from these pictures what you're trying to do.

Can you please post some dummy sample data to illustrate - preferably using the XL2BB add-in so that we can simply copy/paste values and formulae, and the results you're expecting to see.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffman431a

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back