I need a formula!

MsSMB

I am not sure if this is possible but here is my dillema:

I am creating a cash log for my work. In one cell I have a checkbox denoting when money is put in the safe and when it deposited in the back; check mark (true) means in the safe, no check mark (false) means in the bank.

What i want to do is when the cell is false (no check mark) add an amount of money from one cell to another cell to total in a seperate, third cell. Here is the layout:

ABCDEFG
AMOUNTTYPEFROMFORSAFECHECKING ACCT BALANCETOTAL BALANCE
$100.00CHECKANN SMITHGOODS**THIS IS THE CHECKBOX LOCATION***678.09

<tbody>
</tbody>

OK: So when the checkbox is false (no check), how to I get the amount in A3 ($100.00) to automatically add to F3 for a total sum in G3? I only want it to add when the checkbox is unchecked....

Is this even possible? I'm not super great at Excel but am willing to learn and need help with this problem! Thanks!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
i dont use 'checkboxes' , instead I just mark an X in the cell as a 'check mark'. (easier)
thus:
F3=if(E3="",G2+A3,G2)

Upvote 0
i dont use 'checkboxes' , instead I just mark an X in the cell as a 'check mark'. (easier)
thus:
F3=if(E3="",G2+A3,G2)

This formula did work, however when the X is present, it is duplicating the amount from A3 into G3....Is there a way to prevent this? I was thinking of taking out the F column all together but if I do that it doesn't work with that formula. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back