I need an exception formula

sllafleur

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
This is what I am trying to do. I have 4 core sheets that I input information into and it automatically calculates in the "monthly" and "quarterly" sheets. Right now, I place a tally mark in everyday the volunteer firefighter went to a call. Somedays they have one and some days they have five. I need to incorporate the letter "L" for a particular call because they get paid less for that call than all the others.

This is the formula I am using right now
=SUM(I4*10) This formula is on the 4th quarter percentages tab which is the final tab for the 4th quarter and it calculates everything from the OCT-DEC in each month folder together.

I4 line is adding all fires, meeting, and events together and multiplying by $10. The other call I was referring to only receives $5.00. So I am needing to know how I can incorporate that into my current spreadsheet.

Thank you and I hope I didn't confuse y'all :)
1603051009235.png
Here is a visual of what the worksheet looks like.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
can you provide the data in xl2bb if not, can you provide another screenshot showing the row and column labels so people know where I4 is.
Its always a good idea to show what answers you expect to get so maybe fill in the first few rows manually before sharing

Upvote 0
It sounds like you need an IF statement.
There isn't enough information to see in order to write it though.
Can you provide some data in the cells that usually have it?

Upvote 0
can you provide the data in xl2bb if not, can you provide another screenshot showing the row and column labels so people know where I4 is.
Its always a good idea to show what answers you expect to get so maybe fill in the first few rows manually before sharing
1603073704202.png
This sheet just calculates everything

from these sheets
1603073762998.png
and these sheets record

everything from these sheets

1603073798769.png

So I need to be able to put an "L" inside these cells instead of a tally mark and excel immediately calculate the change or have excel recognize when I have two tally marks and an "L" like this
1603074037195.png

1603073936608.png

I really hope this makes sense now :)

Upvote 0
Just to confirm your SEPT screenshot is what your database is set up like for OCT, NOV, and DEC?
Then your Rows going down from the screenshot for SEPT go like # fires made - inside, # fires made - outside, # meetings made, events?
Or do the rows represent each individual? (I assume it's this answer).
The tally marks"|" represent a $10 payout and the L represents a $5?
Just so I have this right, First row had a payout of $90?

Upvote 0
Just to confirm your SEPT screenshot is what your database is set up like for OCT, NOV, and DEC?
Then your Rows going down from the screenshot for SEPT go like # fires made - inside, # fires made - outside, # meetings made, events?
Or do the rows represent each individual? (I assume it's this answer).
The tally marks"|" represent a $10 payout and the L represents a $5?
Just so I have this right, First row had a payout of $90?
The screenshot is how you perceived it. The rows represent each individual. Yes, on the last two :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back