I need help on creating excel macros

Cheryl

I need to do the following to automate excel my spreadsheet. Please help me...

1- I created some kind of a swithboard and I need to create the macro to the buttons to link with the spreadsheet:
Sales Data Entry
Operations Data Entry

2- When each of the buttons is selected, it should automate to open the specified tab in the spreadsheet file.

3- A pop-up dialog box should appear that says: "Enter Part No"

4- After Part No. is entered, it should search and match the part number from the cells in the first column.

5- then it should directly go across to the column where you could enter the qty of parts ordered (orange column).

6- Lastly when finished, when you select to close the file, it should prompt you with a dialog box asking if you want to: SAVE? "Yes","No","Cancel"

Thanks...cheryl

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
What have you done so far? Where are you running into problems? When is this due?

Upvote 0
1- I created some kind of a swithboard and I need to create the macro to the buttons to link with the spreadsheet:
Sales Data Entry
Operations Data Entry

>>>>>>>>>>>> Maybe some consideration to a userform, or group of command buttons might do the job, do you need help in this one.

2- When each of the buttons is selected, it should automate to open the specified tab in the spreadsheet file.
>>>> Yes this can be done in VBA your need to offer name to the sheets, do you VBA at all?

3- A pop-up dialog box should appear that says: "Enter Part No"
>>>>>Again a userform or pop up can be used VBA again

4- After Part No. is entered, it should search and match the part number from the cells in the first column.
>>> OK thiswill be Vlookup, probable what you be needed, be careful most project i have seen will fail, in Vlookup your need to giggle this one a bit.

5- then it should directly go across to the column where you could enter the qty of parts ordered (orange column).
>>> No box userrm direct to that cell, yes?

6- Lastly when finished, when you select to close the file, it should prompt you with a dialog box asking if you want to: SAVE? "Yes","No","Cancel"
>>Thsi will be VBA and message box Y N C will do this.

Ok im sure guys will post to that and ill chip away

Can you VBA, and design the sheet OK?
Where are up to now?

Upvote 0
I did the formula calculations on the spreadsheet as to when I get to the point that the qty of parts has been entered, it calculates our remaining inventory and cost, etc. However, it would be easier for me and to other people if the spreadsheet is automated with part number search & a dialog box prompt to enter qty. of sales. The calculations in the spreadsheet is completed. I need this by the end of this week. Sorry.... please help meeeee...
thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0
Hi a little start see how you go

Jack

1) I created some kind of a switchboard and I need to create the macro to the buttons to link with the spreadsheet:
Sales Data Entry
Operations Data Entry

You need to make 3 buttons [command buttons from the forms toolbar.] I would have 4 sheets one called data and the 3 as you names.

…………………………………
Sales Data Entry
Operations Data Entry

2) When each of the buttons is selected, it should automate to open the specified tab in the spreadsheet file.

Add the buttons to the new sheet DATA, add a button calls Sales Data Entry.
Add this code to the button, via its module, assign this code

Sub SDE()
Sheets("Sales Data Entry").Select
End Sub

This needs to be doe for each button to link each sheet
………………………………………………………

Upvote 0
Hi Jack,
I did what you said to do on 3 buttons. It works. Now what should I do next so after I click one of the buttons, (i.e, SDE button)it switches the screen to SDE file tab, how do I make the prompt message "Enter Part Number" to appear?

After entering the part number on the promp, how will I make it to search and match it from Column A, then direct across to the cell in Column D to enter the qty?

Can you walk me through this? I would appreciate it so much....thanks.

Upvote 0
good stuff can you send the sheet??

Ill post the next bit as you ask in a bit,... stay on this feed ONLY ill keep checking but remember time delays. PM or email me if you need to as well.
Jack

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back