I need help with a Customer Service KPI Dashboard

Nick24

Hi everyone,

I'm really struggling with how to show some information on excel.

I'm trying to create a very simple dashboard that shows a pie chart for incoming calls received by each customer service employee. And another for outgoing and then a total.
I would like a bar chart next to it that relates to the pie chart showing.
The problem is that I would like a drop down box that seletea which chart to show, e.g incoming, outgoing & total.

Ive managed to play with data validation and make a drop down box, butdonr know how to link this to the relevant pie chart and bar graph.

I've also learnt to use named ranges to name each coloum.

The information is currently in 5, rows. With the titles: executive, incoming calls, outgoing calls, total calls. Then the 7 employees data and a final total row.

I would appreciate any help as I'm trying to impress mangement and eventually create great dashboards. I'm a very fast learner.

Many thanks

Nick

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Steve,

Thank for the reply,

Could you possibly elaborate a little, im only used to using vlookup() to get one value, e.g one of the customer service teams outgoing calls, not all of them for the chart to use,

Thanks

Upvote 0
Okay so i managed to get it working, But only if i split the data up on another tab so that it was specific to the executive. As i couldn't vlookup() both the name and type of call into one box. example for one below, the rest were listen below with a space in between.

Executivebob
Incoming Calls397
Outgoing Calls140
Total Calls537

<tbody>
</tbody>

etc

This way i could just do =VLOOKUP(C6,Sheet1!A12:B15,2,FALSE) next to each of their names and below the data validation cell, (C6 being the data validation cell and the Sheet1!A12:B15 being each specific table for the executives).

Is there anyway i could use the Data validation cell to bring up a named range or something so i don't have to split all the information into each persons stats?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay ignore the above i just pasted the table horizontally and it worked fine, (above but all the name next to each other with below data) Is there any way to do this vertically?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back