I need help

Diabase

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, here's my project:

I want to use excel to do a mail merge in order to create a custom pricing sheet. I have already done this. I have created a database with say, 7 worksheets or so. Data is grouped and separated among the 7 worksheets. Example: customer info (name, title, phone, cell) is on worksheet 1. Company data is on worksheet 2. Items ordered on worksheet 3. (This is a simplified explanation.) The reason I divide the info up is because there are so many fields that to have them all on one worksheet would be inconvenient.

I then have a master worksheet which is linked to all 7 of the data gathering worksheets. All the data from the 7 worksheets end up in a single master worksheet by using the formula =worksheet1(a1) kinda thing.

I use the master worksheet to do a mail merge to create my pricing sheets.

My question is, how can I do this better? I have zero knowledge of Macros, although I am not afraid to learn something about them. I just learned about Power Query today. Could Power Query help me do this better? The problem with the database as it is now is that it is really cumbersome and slow.

If anyone can point me in the right direction by sharing an article or something, I think that would really help me.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back