i thought i would have a play with chatGPT for excel solutions

etaf

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have been looking into chatGPT and playing with it on the openai.com site -
Following the BBC news about google and also A UK tv program called Question Time, discussed it -
I also asked for a Question time introduction....
anyway

I thought i would try out a few excel questions and did get some good answer - some not so good ..... things like searching for text within an array - which is one of the last questions i answered

Interesting , i may try it on , on some more questions on here for fun....

anyway
I asked it
write a forum post for how this tool will help with excel problems

and this is the reply i got

Subject: How ChatGPT Can Help Solve Your Excel Problems Effortlessly

Dear Excel users,

Do you ever face difficulties when working with Excel? Whether it's a complex formula, an error message, or just a question about how to use a particular feature, we've all been there. But what if I told you that there's a tool that can help you solve all your Excel problems in a matter of minutes?

Introducing ChatGPT, the AI-powered language model developed by OpenAI. With its vast knowledge and ability to understand natural language, ChatGPT can help you with any Excel-related issue you may encounter.

One of the biggest benefits of using ChatGPT is its accessibility. You don't need to go through multiple articles or forums to find the answer to your question. Simply type your question into the chatbox, and ChatGPT will provide a comprehensive and accurate response.

Whether you're looking to learn a new formula, troubleshoot an error, or gain insights into best practices, ChatGPT has got you covered. It has been trained on a wide range of topics, including Excel functions, formulas, data analysis, and more.

What's more, ChatGPT is incredibly fast. You won't have to wait for hours or even days to get a response. Within seconds, ChatGPT will provide you with the information you need to solve your Excel problem.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a tool that can help you tackle your Excel problems with ease, ChatGPT is the perfect solution. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced user, ChatGPT is available 24/7 to provide you with the support you need. So why wait? Give it a try today and see the difference for yourself!

Best regards,
A fellow Excel user.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I managed to get a solution for my question ( also here on the forum, no answer yet)
I've asked my question, even in Dutch, like this

vba. Met een commandbutton zoeken naar de rij met de waarde uit Userform1 combobox1 in tabel 3 op blad1. Zoek vervolgens in deze rij naar de cellen met de waarde uit Userform1 combobox2. Geef dan alle headers van de cellen waar deze waarde gevonden is op Userform1 tekstbox4.

It came up whith a complete code and smal explanation. Also in Duth.
Responded:

Deze code zoekt naar de waarde uit de eerste combobox in de eerste kolom van Tabel3 op blad1. Als de cel wordt gevonden, wordt de waarde uit de tweede combobox gezocht in de rij waarin de cel zich bevindt. De headers van alle cellen met de gevonden waarde worden vervolgens toegevoegd aan de resultHeaders-string en weergegeven in de tekstbox4 van Userform1. Als de cel niet wordt gevonden, wordt er een foutmelding weergegeven.

And the following code. After some small changes like name from boxes and form etc... It was the complete solution

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim searchValue1 As String
    Dim searchValue2 As String
    Dim resultHeaders As String
    Dim foundCell As Range

'Lees de zoekwaarden uit de comboboxen in het Userform1
    searchValue1 = UserForm1.ComboBox1.Value
    searchValue2 = UserForm1.ComboBox2.Value

'Zoek de waarde uit de eerste combobox in de tabel op blad1
    Set foundCell = Sheets("blad1").ListObjects("Tabel3").Range.Columns(1).Find(What:=searchValue1, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)

'Controleer of de cel is gevonden
    If Not foundCell Is Nothing Then
        'Zoek de waarde uit de tweede combobox in de rij waarin de eerste waarde is gevonden
        For Each cell In foundCell.EntireRow.Cells
            If cell.Value = searchValue2 Then
                'Voeg de header van de cel toe aan de resultHeaders
                resultHeaders = resultHeaders & Sheets("blad1").ListObjects("Tabel3").HeaderRowRange.Cells(cell.Column).Value & ", "
            End If
        Next cell

'Verwijder de laatste komma en spatie uit de resultHeaders
        resultHeaders = Left(resultHeaders, Len(resultHeaders) - 2)

'Toon de resultHeaders in de textbox op het Userform1
        UserForm1.TextBox4.Value = resultHeaders
    Else
        'Als de cel niet is gevonden, geef dan een foutmelding weer
        MsgBox "De waarde " & searchValue1 & " kon niet worden gevonden in de tabel op blad1."
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
i have not had such good luck on some excel questions i have put to it, usually every couple of days from forums , other than the very simple (in my view) things
Also a lot of errors on basic information and lots of incorrect facts

glad it sorted you out ok....

Upvote 0
I have had mixed success with ChatGPT. Be aware that it WILL make stuff up when it can't figure out an answer - I'm talking about non existent functions in Excel, VBA, and Power Query. When it works it's great though!

Upvote 0
so getting closer to real human then :):):cool::cool:

Upvote 0

I have been playing with the AI models - Language ChatGPT and also the Art version DALL-e

all been good fun, but seems its now being added to office 365 - and sounds very interesting implementation - so look forward to having a play with that - when the release/updates arrives

mind you the ChatGPT - gets a lot of wrong answers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back