I want a table to travel with the scroll.

nhbartos

Board Regular
I have two tables, side by side.
After I enter data in t1, I have to enter data in t2.

Table 1: A1:H91
Table 2: J1:k49

As I move downward in table 1, I want table 2 to move with my scroll, so when I need to enter data in that table, it is right there, and I don't have to constantly scroll all the way up to enter it.

So, where ever my scroll is, my cursor, I want t2 to be at my right, centered in the screen.

I realize that I can accomplish some of this by just splitting the screen in the middle, but I don't like looking at the screen that way for too long.
I thought there might be something cooler.
Is this possible?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Two simple-enough solutions occur to me. Perhaps others will think of better ones.

1. You could put your table onto another sheet, then use the View choices to view the two sheets side-by-side. That way, the table on, say, Sheet2 would remain where it is while data is entered on Sheet1, for example, and updates the table.

2. This one is a bit more complex, and I haven't used it myself, so I'm not sure how the mechanics of it would work, but under the View choices you can create a new copy of the existing workbook. That is, the entire workbook. So you could arrange the view of the workbooks side-by-side and make changes in one while the view of the same worksheet shows in an adjoining window. You can also save the multiple-copy arrangement as an .xlsb file, so that when you open up the file, both copies of the workbook open together.

That might get you started on a better solution, anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back