I want to display a cell's contents behind a chart?

hedgeman50

Board Regular
Is there a way to display the contents of a cell that is hidden behind a chart? In other words, I want for the cell's contents (in this case, a stock symbol) to appear as part of the chart. I'm looking for some kind of function like the "bring to front" command in MS Word. Thank you very much for any help!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
How about linking to the cell you want displayed in the chart, like (part of) the title?

Upvote 0
The cell that is a copy of the cells through which I'm scrolling then has to be used in another equation. If I have part of a title in a chart as the active cell (e.g., if cell C3 is active and has MSFT in it...thereby putting MSFT as the title of the chart), can I then point another equation to that title?

My reason for doing this is that I'm dealing with complex formulas that may not be able to be changed (I'm not sure). These formulas need to point to a single cell to use in the equation. I want to have the cell as part of the chart, but if it's not possible, then I would like to simply hide the cell that is a copy of the active cell.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-21 13:56, hedgeman50 wrote:
Is there a way to display the contents of a cell that is hidden behind a chart? In other words, I want for the cell's contents (in this case, a stock symbol) to appear as part of the chart. I'm looking for some kind of function like the "bring to front" command in MS Word. Thank you very much for any help!

How about Right Clicking on the Object ... then in the context menu that pops up, select Order ... then Bring_to_Front

Does this work for you? If not explain a little further and let us take it from there.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
I've tried to send the object (the chart) to the front and to the back, and neither works. Unfortunately, a cell can't be brought to front like an object can be.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-21 16:48, hedgeman50 wrote:
I've tried to send the object (the chart) to the front and to the back, and neither works. Unfortunately, a cell can't be brought to front like an object can be.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You are right! a cell can't be brought to front like an object can be.

But in your original post you mentioned using the chart in MS Word ... perhaps you misstaed that for Excel.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prabhuk279

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back