I would like to save or print each row to separate file

backyarder1

I get a copy of a huge excel spreadsheet every week. The cells are so full of data it is very difficult to read. My job is to create webpages from each row of data.

Is there some way to write a script or macro that will step through a workseet and for each row of data, it will save it to a separate file? If not, is there a way to have each row of data PRINTED to a separate file.

Thanks so much for ANY help!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Yes there are ways to do what you describe, but are you sure that's the best approach.

You say it's a huge spreadsheet, which implies that you would end up with a lot of files if you create one for each row.

What are you actually going to do with with the data?

PS Can give more information on the data and how you would like to create/structure these files? eg do you want to create CSV files?

Upvote 0
Each row is a description of a job. I need to take each row and create a webpage describing the job. Most of the data I need is really only in a few of the cells in the row so I don't need ALL of the data.

The data in the rows isn't in "pretty" enough format so that I can just create an html file that is ready to put online.

It might be easier to do something like:

for each row
merge the cells (3 cells I think)
then print the data to a separate file

Even if it is just printed to a txt file, I can then cut and past it into an html file and dress it up, as needed.

Upvote 0
Why don't you create the HTML from the data rather than exporting it to separate text files?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how the spreadsheet was created, but I can't even see all the data in the rows unless I click on each cell. Formatting the cells to autofit doesn't work. So I can't just highlight a cell and copy the data and then paste it into an html document. I haven't been able to figure out any way other than highlighting each cell and copying the data and then pasting it into html and there are a LOT of rows for that.

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused.:eek:

You say you can't 'see' the data but it's there?

If the data is there then you should be able to work with it, be that creating a text file or HTML, whatever.

Also, as far as I know, most apps/tools for creating webpages have options to import data.

Any chance you could post some data?:)

Upvote 0
I don't see anyway to attach a file here so I don't really know how to show you the data. I'll keep poking around with it and see what I can figure out. Thanks for your help!:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back