Icy conditions in UK

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
Yesterday morning the ground was frozen and then it started to rain and the rain froze when it hit the ground turning many of the roads/pavements into ice rinks.

Enter me cycling to the train station. Got as far as the train station, but when I turned into it, I came straight off the bike and headbutted the road. After ambulance/hospital I now have what promises to be an impressive scar over my left eyebrow (required stitches rather than being glued) and currently have bruised chest/neck/shoulder and sore right thumb.

Thankfully I was wearing a cycle helmet so that took most of the impact. It could have been far worse otherwise. Top of my shopping list Boxing Day is to get another helmet.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Be careful... Get well. Because of snow, we had here 2 days of no public transportation in Holland.

Ditto Richard, although I was flying around (literally) on my Marin in the woods/old quarry near where I live rather than cycling to the station. Didn't bother going to the hospital but when I woke up and looked at the damage the next day I reckon I probably should have done. Hey ho it'll give everyone something to laugh at with sporting a scar and black eye for Christmas dinner.

Take it easy,

Dom

Ouch! Glad to hear you are okay though.
Always thought you had a thick head :P

And just incase the bump on your head affected your memory you will remind you that you promised to buy ALL the beers at the next drinking session!

Have a merry and safe Christmas.

Get well soon, Richard

Don't think I'd even contemplate cycling in those conditions, why didn't you adopt the contortionist position to protect your bonce?

Merry Christmas :)

Thanks All :)

If it's at all icy next week I definitely won't be cycling in! I ache today :( I think the adrenaline must have masked it yesterday because today I just don't want to move at all!

Dom, glad to hear you're OK - I was very glad there were people around yesterday who helped me up and dialled 999. Could have been nasty for you if you'd been knocked out and there was nobody around to help!

Thanks Andy - would have felt bad if I didn't keep to that promise. Sometimes I can be so generous... :LOL:

Dom, glad to hear you're OK - I was very glad there were people around yesterday who helped me up and dialled 999. Could have been nasty for you if you'd been knocked out and there was nobody around to help!

It was a high speed crash on my racer, which was a full 999 ambulance job, that persuaded me to wear a helmet after years of not doing, although I've yet to be persuaded to stick one on my head for snowboarding.

The aches and pains will wear off soon enough I'm sure.

Have a good Christmas.

Dom

OK, all of you...

Wear your helmets and keep your heads safe. I need too much Excel help to have all the gurus clonkin' their noggins.

I'm glad to hear it was only cuts and bruises. Hope everything heals quickly.

Most of the bicyclist in Montana invest in "Studded Tires" for the winter. Something to think about.

lenze

Speedy recovery Richard and Merry Christmas!

Prob_VoG_Cycle =BINOMDIST(1,10000,0.001,TRUE) :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back