I'd like to know how possible a mobile form project could be before I started one. Looking for insight & tips.

figuare9

Board Regular
I just wanted to run by a few ideas with the community real quick before I spent a bunch of time creating something that may or may even be possible.

I was kicking around an idea where we could have our employees fill out a form in their truck's tablet that would get sent to our share point on office 365. We're currently filling these out on paper, then scanning them, and then uploading them. So this would be far more efficient.

So, what I'd like to do is basically make a tablet friendly excel form, and when the fields are all filled in, I'd like it to send all the data to our master "non tablet friendly" form. Probably with a button, with a decent user interface.

I also need it to be extremely easy to make a new form, as some of our employees are not very tech savvy. Preferably, I'd like them to click buttons, and take out any use of the header, or any "File then go-to's". So no file - New, file - Save as, etc, etc.

So laid out out in a step format..

Step 1: Employee Opens up ONE sheet. Or One excel book. This would be the same excel book every time. That way it's easy to remember and use.

Step 2: Click on new form. (We'll call it a "Foreman's Report")

Step 3: Name Form. Maybe with a textbox that pops up?

Step 4: Fill out form with multiple fields as you scroll down.

Step 5: Send data to master excel sheet. This is the same form, just not mobile friendly.

And 6: Save the master form as a pdf file on sharepoint from one button.

So I think the hurdles are going to be ease of use. Picture someone who's never used anything more then a keyboard or keypad before, and make it work for them. It's gotta be pretty bullet proof too, to prevent mistakes from happening. So error checks will probably also need to be used.

I'll probably need a bit of help with technical side of this. Like creating a new document and saving.

Here's a link to a very basic demo and the report we're currently using. http://www.mediafire.com/file/2yjhtm238770bwa/Mobile+Foreman+Report+Demo.xlsx#

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I guess I was really looking more towards whether or not it's possible to do this using VBA. I'm not very experienced with it, so I really don't know if you can/how. So more or less, how would I approach creating a new document while inside a document, using VBA, and how could I set a file name and save it to sharepoint while also using VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back