I'd like to make a FOOD schedule spread sheet

guiri

Guys, I am trying to make a spread sheet that keeps track of what I eat, when I do it and the average time between meals.

I tried Excel since I'm assuming it's doable but of course, to do it, one must be able to explain it to others when one's asking for help.

The actual span of a day is really irrelevant to me because I have insomnia and my days can last 40 hours and it could be from 9 am to 9pm or whatever.
I would like one row to be one of my days. Ie, when I start entering info to when I stop entering is ONE day/one day between sleep that is.

THen I'd like to see how long time between meals for THAT row.

I then do this down the page till I'm done with how many days there are in a month.

At the bottom, it should take all the AVERAGE hours from each row and give me the average of the whole month.

Is that possible and I would be more than happy to upload my spread sheet for you to play around with so you don't have to make a new one. Here, I just uploaded it for you guys to play with if THIS is doable.

I don't see how to make a link but here it is below., If you try to explain, do it is if I were an idiot because that's where I am with written explanations. I would also be up for calling someone to explain it to me/talk me through it
as that works better for me.

extuff.biz/Food-Schedule.xlsx

QUestions, please ask.

Thanks, George

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Use this formula to cell AH3
Code:
=AVERAGE(F3-B3,J3-F3,N3-J3,R3-N3,V3-R3,Z3-V3,AD3-Z3)
It gives your average hours and minutes of that day in time format.
Take average of the column at the end of the month.

If you want to keep it in AH34, then formula in AH34 will be
Code:
=AVERAGE(AH3:AH33)

Upvote 0
Use this formula to cell AH3
Code:
=AVERAGE(F3-B3,J3-F3,N3-J3,R3-N3,V3-R3,Z3-V3,AD3-Z3)
It gives your average hours and minutes of that day in time format.
Take average of the column at the end of the month.

If you want to keep it in AH34, then formula in AH34 will be
Code:
=AVERAGE(AH3:AH33)

Yeah, I'm beyond dense so could you perhaps put this in the spreadsheet for me and then let me
have it to look at? I"ll understand better how to do it then.

Also, do I need to enter just hours or date and hours in the fields and if so, is there a way
to automatically enter that?> I know there is but **** if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks

George

Upvote 0
Thanks. I could not test it online since I couldn't figure out how so I downloaded it but when I try to use it, the rows are overlapping each other so I can't see what it says.

ALso, since a day for me is very often more than 24 hours, do I not need to also enter a date so that the sheet knows that I'm on a NEW day once I go past the same hour again? Ie, 4 am then back around to 4-5 am?

Here's a screen capture of what i see.

extuff.biz/FoodSheet-overlapping.jpg

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry to be a pain but I can't get it to work. The first one I tried just shows #NUM ! and the little triangle and the next row I try, it diesn't add anything up at all

Upvote 0
So, no matter what time I start with, it cannot go past midnight 11:59pm on the same row, right?
So, 12 am is after midnight then?

Because I WOULD like one row to be one of my messed up long days. Is it possible to do DATE and time and would Excel distinguish between that?

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back