2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi ,

Hoping someone can help with this.....

I have a file with a list of orders .

Column C contains the order numbers which will duplicate if the order contains different types of orders ( order type is in column g ) , but also van duplicate if it contains multiple payment methods culumn I Ie.debit card, credit card, gift card and PayPal.

I'm trying to find 2 formulas which will identify if an order ( column c) has split order type "y" or "n" or a split payment type "y" or "n" or both .

I've used a count if you identify if the order number is duplicated ..

=IF(COUNTIF($C$2:$C$500,$C2)>1,"Y"."N")

But this won't tell me if it is a split order due to multiple order types column g or multiple payment types column I or both ?

Hoping someone can help

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Would you identify in your profile what version of Excel you run and also some a few examples (using XL2BB) of sample data and expected results?

Upvote 0
Hi I'm using excel 97 , wont let me download data , so here's a screen shot. see column c is order numbers, column f is payment method and column g is order type. the order numbers can be duplicated if either customers place an order with either multiple order types or multiple payment methods. I need a way of identifying whether the order number has been duplicated due to multiple order, multiple payment types or both. Added complication is that an order number will duplicate if it contains 2 of the same order types if say one is in stock but the other is not

Attachments

• Raw order data.JPG
    Raw order data.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
You have to use XL2BB (see the toolbar) to post real data that someone can copy and paste into their spreadsheet to work through your problem.
It would help if you could identify examples that meet your criteria and what you want as the result(s).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back