identify when some information is missing

little jimmy

Hi,
I need help with one of my spreadsheets. It is used to record individual legal cases and what charges are levied against each case. For one particular action there are 3 distinct parts which should happen in a particular order (lets say claim issued, claim logged, claim actioned). Each part is paid separately and at different times.

Sometimes the action doesn't go through all 3 stages and sometimes not in the correct order.

I need some way of flagging up which part or parts are outstanding...

eg claim ref 1001 has had claim issued chq number 900001 but no claim logged or claim actioned
I need something to indicate "claim logged required" & "claim actioned required"

claim ref 1002 has had claim logged chq number 900002 but no claim issued or claim actioned
I need something to indicate "claim issued required" & "claim actioned required"

claim ref 1003 has had claim issued chq number 900003 and claim actioned chq number 900004 but no claim logged
I need something to indicate "claim logged required"

I don't know if I need some sort of IF statement combined with a lookup or whether conditional formatting can be used with say red for 1 stage, yellow for 2 stages and green for 3 stages)?

I can't post an attachment unfortunately as it would probably make more sense than my gibberish.

Thanks

James

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
The data is is just listed in a column format with each new item being tagged on to the end. Some of the data is from drop down menus which automatically populate other columns (you pick what type of procedure and it gives you the set price)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back