Identifying Opportunity Gaps

pherman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm creating a dealer profitability report looking at dealers' response rate and total sales per response. I would like to add an "Opportunity" column for those dealers that are in the red with their response rate and total sales per response.

I'd like to create a formula that shows a dealer would need X number of additional ROs in order to hit the regional average. I'd also like to create a second formula to show a dealer would need X amount of additional sales to hit the average total sales per response in their region.

In the below table, I've tallied up the Total ROs and Total Sales Response per region and their averages.
1615215500818.png

Here are some quick math steps I put together, but I have no idea if I'm on the right track. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

For the Response Rate
-(Region – Red dealers rate) x unique customers = incremental customers
-X RO’s per customer x $/ro = Opportunity

For Total Sales/Per Response

(Region – Red dealer) x # of RO’s

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Here is some more information regarding this question.
  • Response rate: Find out how many unique customers are needed to reach the average response rate in their region for those dealers in the red.
  • Total Sales per Response: Find out how many additional ROs needed to reach the average total sales in their region for those dealers in red.
Plus the ‘size of the prize’ for each from a financial perspective. So if region avg is 50% and you are at 25%...you would double responses X $/RO to get ‘what’s it worth to them. Same thing on the $/RO…if the average is $200 and dealer is at $100 and they have 10 RO’s a month…the prize is the 10 ROs at the additional $100 each.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back