Identifying the cell each time that a number crosses a threshold

BenO28

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am looking at trying to create a couple of formulas that will automatically identify each time that a person lands or takes off during a hop which I will then create a macro for to run simultaneously. As it stands I have to manually scroll down a sheet which has circa 20,000 rows and it is quite time-consuming. I have attached an image. So far I have managed to use index and match, however this only seems to identify one point as opposed to repeated ones throughout the sheet. What I would like to do is:

• I need to identify the relevant timepoints (Column B) for each time that the force crosses below the 20N force threshold so that I can calculate the frequency of each hop. (one full hop = every time the force falls below the 20N threshold in the force column.)

• In the blank table in the column that is titled vto, automatically populate the data based on the formula =(9.81*(TimeLand-TimeTO))/2) for each hop throughout the sheet (each time the force data

• In the table that is titled Hhop, automatically populate the data based on the formula =vto/9.81 for each hop

Can anybody help? If anyone can and needs further information, please ask! Many thanks! Ben

Attachments

• Example force data (3).png
    Example force data (3).png
    58.3 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Can you add another column to the table of Hops?

It would make it very simple if you could add a column with a formula that identifies the row as being a 'hop' and the ordinal of that hop. Then your blank table just looks to that column for each row.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back