IF and AND formula

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello formula experts
I have these 3 sheets in the workbook and I want to get the data in sheet C from sheet B depending on the sheet A. In short, it is 2 if conditions in one formula. If the cell match 2 conditions then get Taxable value in cell H2 else show blank.
1. =IF(LEFT(B!A7,2,=A!$A$1
2. =IF(B!I7='C'!$H$1
Can someone please tell me the correct formula to apply in cell C2 and get the right answer.?
something is wrong with XL2BB. When I select the Capture range > select all, the buffering doesn't stop and I have to close the sheet.
Get Amount in GST class.xlsm

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I tried this formula but I am still not getting an error that you have entered too many arguments for this function.
=IF(AND(LEFT(B!A7,2=A!$A$1,'C'!$H$1=B!I7,B!J7,"").
Wonder where are all the experts and why are they not responding.

Upvote 0
i suspect there maybe more required

=IF(AND(LEFT(B!A7,2)*1=A!$A$1,B!I7='C'!$H$1),B!J7,"")

Note - when you use a text function like left - it returns text, and then you are comparing to a number 29
so i multiply the text value 29 by 1

Upvote 0
Solution
i suspect there maybe more required

=IF(AND(LEFT(B!A7,2)*1=A!$A$1,B!I7='C'!$H$1),B!J7,"")

Note - when you use a text function like left - it returns text, and then you are comparing to a number 29
so i multiply the text value 29 by 1
That worked perfectly. Thanks etaf. Thanks for the explanation too. Noted. :)
Even my opening and closing brackets were placed wrong.

Upvote 0
etaf are you still there ?

Upvote 0
Can you help me freeze the cells correctly. I have to drag the formula to 12 rows till I get the amount in one of them. ? Columns H to M will display the number if the left condition is fulfilled. The formula in column N to S has to be if the left condition is not fulfilled. I freezed the wrong cells by mistake.
It is =IF(AND(LEFT(B!$A$7,2)*1=A!$A$1,B!$I$7='C'!H1),B!$J$7,""). Still not sure. Working on that.
Just give numbers from H to S as shown in the image. Then drag the formula till N. It will show the result in one of the cells if both conditions are fulfilled.
In column N the formula changes to =IF(AND(LEFT(B!$A$7,2)*1<>A!$A$1,B!O7='C'!N1),B!P7,"") which has to be dragged till S. Out of the 12 columns only one has to show the result.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to apply 2 different formulas one in cell H2 and drag it till cell M2. Another formula in cell N2 and drag it till S2.
Both the formulas I edited are working in one row only. I am able to drag the formula to the right and I am getting the right answer. But when I drag the formula down I am not able to get the right answer as the cells are freezed in such a way.
Formula for cell H2 is
Rich (BB code):
=IF(AND(LEFT(B!A$7,2)*1=A!$A$1,B!$I$7='C'!$H$1),B!$J$7,"")
and the formula for cell N2 is
Rich (BB code):
=IF(AND(LEFT(B!$A$7,2)*1<>A!$A$1,B!$I$7='C'!N1),B!$J$7,"")
Please help me to edit in such a way that when I drag down the formula down I should get the correct result and in such a way that it should not change the answer in the top row horizontally.

Upvote 0
Tried every possible way, but looks like unless I enter manually for each row in one cell then only then it will work.
Unless you come up with a solution.

Upvote 0
the $ fixes the refereence
$A fixes the column
$1 fixes the row

so if you want the column to be allowed to change as you drag horizontally

then - =IF(AND(LEFT(B!A7,2)*1=A!$A$1,B!I7='C'!H$1),B!J7,"")
Now as you copy along it will look for h1 then I1 then J1

BUT i'm not sure what you are after exactly
I suspect this is a lot more complicated

can you explain some more with examples -
I'm in UK so will be signing off soon and not around so much for next couple of days - sorry

Are you trying to lookup values in sheet B column J based on what matches column B I based on the row 1 in sheet C !!!!
what about the 2nd criteria 29 in sheet A
any where close or missing it completely

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back