IF and And Help?

mkuter

Hey again everyone and anyone.

I am trying to come up with a little automation for my sheet and this is essentially what I am trying to do.

I have a drop down to select a certain status (More Info Needed, Scheduled, Testing, Completed). Essentially what I want to do is I want to be able to select a status and have it automatically put a value in for an overall status percentage. So More Info Needed would be 25%, Scheduled would be 50%, Testing would be 75% and Completed would be 100%.

I managed to do this and get it for the 100% =IF([@[Dev Status]]="Completed",1,0) . I also tried adding some and statements in there and that is where the wheels came off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
=LOOKUP(A1,{0.25,0.50,0.75,1.0},{"More Info Needed","Scheduled","Testing","Completed"})

Upvote 0
Try using a lookup

=LOOKUP(A1,{"Completed",1;"More Info Needed",0.25;"Scheduled",0.5;"Testing",0.75})

Upvote 0
Entering 0.53 in A1
produces
0.5 from your reply
and "Scheduled" from mine

I'm sure mine's correct, I've always done it in that format.

Upvote 0
Entering 0.53 in A1
produces
0.5 from your reply
and "Scheduled" from mine

I'm sure mine's correct, I've always done it in that format.

Mmm maybe I've misread it! Thought OP wanted to return the value from the status?

Upvote 0
Oops, I think you're right!
I need to clean my glasses!

All the same, shouldn't that now be

=LOOKUP(A1,{"Completed","More Info Needed","Scheduled","Testing"},{1.0,0.25,0.50,0.75})

ie descriptions before the numbers ?
Or is it different because you've got semi colons ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh wow!! Thank you so much!! I had to make some changes as I couldn't get it to work the way you had it Special-K99 but I am still having some issues.

Right now the formula looks like this =LOOKUP(F2,{"Select","More Info Needed","Scheduled","Testing","Completed"},{0,0.25,0.5,0.75,1})

When I select Select or Scheduled I get 50%, (Select I am trying to have at 0) when I select Testing I get 75%, but when I select More Info Needed and Completed I get a #N/A error. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
You need to make sure the 1st part is in alpha order

=LOOKUP(F2,{"Completed","More Info Needed","Scheduled","Select","Testing"},{1,0.25,0.5,0,0.75})

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back