anniemalec

Board Regular
Hello

Not too sure if this is possible, but looking for help with the following formula.

=IF(AND(Training_Plan_2011.12!H9,"COM 1"),(Training_Plan_2011.12!A9,"7-Mar"),"Training_Plan_2011.12!I9","")

I'm working across spreadsheets and basically trying to get excel to input the value of a cell if two conditions are met.

Not too sure on the Syntax if it is possible. Any help is appreciated.

Can post screenshots if that will help?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Should it be?

=IF(AND(Training_Plan_2011.12!H9="COM 1",Training_Plan_2011.12!A9="7-Mar"),"Training_Plan_2011.12!I9","")

or

=IF(AND(Training_Plan_2011.12!H9="COM 1",TEXT(Training_Plan_2011.12!A9,"d-mmm")="7-Mar"),"Training_Plan_2011.12!I9","")

Upvote 0
Thank you so much.

The bottom one has worked without the " " around L9.

However I was just wondering if there was a way I could add something that would tell the formula to do the same for the next 12 columns automatically without just adding absolute references and dragging along for 12 columns?

Basically Training Plan is a data sheet that will be updated and want everything on this worksheet to automatically pull from it without maintenance if possible.

Upvote 0
Try this :

=IF(AND((Training_Plan_2011.12!H9="COM 1"),(Training_Plan_2011.12!A9="7-Mar")),"Training_Plan_2011.12!I9","")

Seems to me you have forgotten your = signs and a bracket.

Jesse

Upvote 0
Thank you so much.

The bottom one has worked without the " " around L9.

However I was just wondering if there was a way I could add something that would tell the formula to do the same for the next 12 columns automatically without just adding absolute references and dragging along for 12 columns?

Basically Training Plan is a data sheet that will be updated and want everything on this worksheet to automatically pull from it without maintenance if possible.

Yes, thanks, I didn't catch the quotes around the last argument.

Can you elaborate on that? Which condition is being checked over the 12 columns? And what exactly are we checking for and returning?

Upvote 0
Basically, if the formula comes back with a value e.g. 12, I want it to automatically paste this across the next 12 columns. If a value is found it will always need to be the same value for 13 weeks in total.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

Upvote 0
Then you will need the formula in all columns or in the other 12 columns a simpler formula like =$A1 where A1 contains the first result to copy across...

or you will need VBA, which might not be worth it.

Upvote 0
I've just been asked to completely automate where possible. I've added absolute references so can easily drag and copy across all columns, however I won't be the one maintaining so would like to automate everything if I can (to avoid writing a user guide for the person maintaining!!)

Not to worry though. Thank you for your help, it's appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back