IF AND Formula with a Date and Percent

MLSNetworks

I am trying to create an IF AND formula that looks at a cell with a Date to see if it is 30 days from Today and then looks at another cell with a ranking percent and return true/false text.

Below is my formula which is not working.

=IF(AND(D2=TODAY()+30,G2<0.8),"OK","REVIEW")

What is a better formula?:confused: Thanks for any help you can provide!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
What is a better formula?:confused: Thanks for any help you can provide!
There is nothing inherently wrong with using that formula. That is probably the way I would do it too.
The only thing I can see is you are only checking to see if it is EXACTLY 30 days from today (not sure if you really want a "greater than or equal to" operand here instead).

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, Joe4. Actually, I want to see if the Date is "within" 30 days of Today. I should've said that first. So yes, that is what I exactly want to see. The reason behind it is this: The Date represents when the sales persons deal is expected to close (aka book) and the ranking % is the confidence level that the deal will close. So if the Date is within 30 days of Today and the confidence ranking % is less than 80% then the sales person is not doing a very good job at forecasting their deals in the CRM tool. If the deal is expected to close within 30 days then the sales persons confidence level should be 80% or greater. I am trying to get sales people to forecast their deals better.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Upvote 0
OK, try this:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]=IF(AND(D2-TODAY()<=30,G2<0.8),"REVIEW","OK")[/FONT][/COLOR]
(assuming that the date in D2 is in the future, and not in the past).

I think you also got what you want to return reversed. You want it reviewed if it is within 30 days AND less than 80%, right? If so, the "REVIEW" argument should come before the "OK" one in the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back