IF AND OR statement

sadiejay

Hi, I have been working on this formula for hours and cannot get it right. Please help! Column C has either TRUE or FALSE. Columns L and M have either a number or #N/A (depending on whether there was a number on the source data - this data has come from a vlookup). What I want, in column N is to say if column C says TRUE there is a number in either column L or M. So of C says TRUE and either/and L and M holds a number, N to say MATCH. This is what I have tried: =IF(OR(AND(C16="TRUE",ISNUMBER(L16)),AND(C16="TRUE",ISNUMBER(M16))),"MATCH","NOTMATCH") but all my results are showing as NOTMATCH. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi

How about this:

=IF(AND(C1=TRUE,OR(ISNUMBER(L1),ISNUMBER(M1))),"MATCH","NOTMATCH")

Upvote 0
Thank you so much - this worked like a dream! However, I am having further problems. I need to add a condition to this formula, where if C1 says FALSE and both L1 and M1 are blank I want N to say MATCH, but if C1 says FALSE and either L or M is not blank, then I want N to say NOTMATCH. This is my formula: =IF(OR(AND(C2=TRUE,OR(ISNUMBER(L2),(ISNUMBER(M2)))),(AND(C2=FALSE,ISBLANK(L2),ISBLANK(M2)))),"MATCH","NOTMATCH") Are you able to help with what this formula should be?

Upvote 0
in your formula C1= false goes to "notmatch" so replace that with if(and(l1="",m1=""),"match","notmatch")
remember to keep the last )

Upvote 0
in your formula C1= false goes to "notmatch" so replace that with if(and(l1="",m1=""),"match","notmatch")
remember to keep the last )

Hi. I have now realised this is working, except that I need a "0" or "0.00" to also be considered blank. Is anyone able to help with this formula? Either amending the original formula or in fact changing all "0" and "0.00" to be returned Blank

Upvote 0
Your 'and' part would become something like:

AND(OR(L1="",L1=0),OR(M1="",M1=0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back