If and/or

L

Legacy 385836

Hi

I have a spreadsheet to check compliance. I have 3 columns, 2 of which are yes/no and the third is yes/no/N/A.
I need the final column to display No if any of the previous 3 columns show No, and to display yes if al the columns are yes or n/a.

I have tried to use an IF statement and nested IF statements with no luck.

Any help Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Howdy,

I have something similar and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. My formula returns a "> 25 days" when the field is actually blank. I do have "0" values which I need to report on, however blanks should return a "Not Printed" string.

=IF(F2<5,F2,IF(F2>25, "> 25 days",IF(AND(F2>4,F2<10),"5 to 10 days",IF(AND(F2>10,F2<16),"10 to 15 days","15 to 25 days"))))

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brent

Upvote 0
If your target cell really is totally blank, then the value is NOT greater than 25.
HOWEVER, if the target cell APPEARS blank but is actually - for example - a space character, or double quotes, Excel evaluates this as being greater than 25 (or any other number).

Try something like this
=if(F2="","Not Printed",IF(F2<5,F2,IF(F2>25, "> 25 days",IF(AND(F2>4,F2<10),"5 to 10 days",IF(AND(F2>10,F2<16),"10 to 15 days","15 to 25 days")))))

Upvote 0
That's great Gerald thansk!

Now going by that example I tried to modify is slightly to:

=if(F2="","Not Printed",IF(F2=0, "0 days", F2=1, "1 day", f2= 2; "2 days", f2=3, "3 days", f2=4, "4 days", f2=5, "5 days", IF(F2>25, "> 25 days", IF(AND(F2>4,F2<10),"5 to 10 days",IF(AND(F2>10,F2<16),"10 to 15 days","15 to 25 days")))))

However that doesn't work. Is there an obvious error in my formula?

Thanks again!

Brent

Upvote 0
Yes, the bits where it says F2=1, F2=2 and so on, all need their own IF statements.

Having said that, why not try something like this
=if(F2="","Not Printed",if(F2>25,"> 25 days",if(F2>15,"15 to 25 days",if(F2>10,"10 to 15 days",if(F2>5,"5 to 10 days",F2&" days")))))

Also, be careful with your " > " statements.
Consider also using " >= ", or make sure that the way this formula deals with the break points, is actually what you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back