If and then or similar

Nateforexcell

I have a workbook that has 400+ business names with 20 to 30 products each, I really need to add business names to another column,

Column a (business name)
Column b(product name)
Column c (hopefully business address)

Am I stuck with copy and paste?

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

From your description I am unable to be sure what you have, where and what you want to achieve, and where.
Any chance that you could show us a small set of copyable sample data & the expected results with any further written clarification?
My signature block below has help on how you can do that.

Nateforexcell

Unfortunately, the workbook is proprietary. Basically, I have a long list of multiple products in rows, I am creating a searchable table, I got the list that has the business name, product, details about product in different columns. Need to add the business address in separate column. I have been searching via the internet to get the business address, copying and pasting to match the business, its tedious to say the least. I was hoping I could create a way to tell excell, if column A says (business name) the the next column should say (business
address address), even if I need to create a key. It looks like the product offerings will change often and I am not always going to receive an address with the new update, so copying and pasting 6k to 7k rows of different addresses every time I update the listings is going to be brutal. There is about 400 to 500 different businesses. All that have 20 to 30 products. I currently have them in alphabetical order which helps, but still hours of coping and pasting.

=ODIN=

I may be completely misunderstanding this, but it sounds like this might just need a vlookup formula in the Business Address Column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farlow

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...