IF D2 = Yes, D3 = Yes & D4 = Yes then D5 = +1 [Formula Help]

LGIreland

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get a formula going where if 3 values are true it adds +1 to a cell. For example;

If D2 = Yes, D3 = Yes & D4 = Yes then D5 = +1 (D5 will continuously have data added to it so it should add up i.e. if I done the same formula elsewhere and the same values matched twice then the value should equal 2)

I've been using =IF but I can't seem to perfect the formula to do what I need it to.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
As I understand your request, whenever D2:D4 all equal Yes, then you want D5 to be incremented by one.

Native Excel formulas can not do that.
One would need VBA for that.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board.

Try in D6: =if(D2="yes", if(D3="yes", if(D4="yes", D5+1, D5)))

I haven't tried this out...

Upvote 0
I advise that you redesign your spreadsheet. Perhaps by making entries on different rows.
Rather than continuously changing the values of D2:D4, put the current values in A1:C1, the next set of values in A2:C2 etc.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board.

Try in D6: =if(D2="yes", if(D3="yes", if(D4="yes", D5+1, D5)))

I haven't tried this out...

I just tried the above formula and it is saying false. =IF('.Nov'!D2="pid",IF('.Nov'!G2="f",IF('.Nov'!H2="n",IF('.Nov'!I2="uk",November!D3+1,D3))))

Upvote 0
Try this

=IF(AND('.Nov'!D2="pid",'.Nov'!G2="f",'.Nov'!H2="n",'.Nov'!I2="uk"),'November!'D3+1,'November!'D3)

edit: The one above (that the other person gave) is giving false because you are giving no answer if the outcome is false for the first 3 arguments. It would work if you put it as the below (I think anyway)

=IF('.Nov'!D2="pid",IF('.Nov'!G2="f",IF('.Nov'!H2="n",IF('.Nov'!I2="uk",November!D3+1,D3),D3),D3),D3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try this

=IF(AND('.Nov'!D2="pid",'.Nov'!G2="f",'.Nov'!H2="n",'.Nov'!I2="uk"),'November!'D3+1,'November!'D3)

edit: The one above (that the other person gave) is giving false because you are giving no answer if the outcome is false for the first 3 arguments. It would work if you put it as the below (I think anyway)

=IF('.Nov'!D2="pid",IF('.Nov'!G2="f",IF('.Nov'!H2="n",IF('.Nov'!I2="uk",November!D3+1,D3),D3),D3),D3)

Thanks this definitely helped since it is showing a value now (which is one) however when I apply the same formula to other cells it refuses to add another 1 to the value to total more than 1. I have also tried using this forumla instead: =IF('.Nov'!D2:D33="PID",IF('.Nov'!G2:G33="F",IF('.Nov'!H2:H33="N",IF('.Nov'!I2:I33="UK",+'.Nov'!V3,+'.Nov'!V4)+'.Nov'!V4)+'.Nov'!V4+'.Nov'!V4)+'.Nov'!V4) in an attempt to try and collate more data efficiently unfortunately that may have been a too simple solution! Any further ideas are greatly valued.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back