If dates between formula

oddsocks

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm new to Excel so please forgive me if I don't make sense.

I'm trying to show if a date is between a and b it shows c but if it's between d and e it shows f and so on. E.g. if between the start and end date then fees are due the 14th of the middle month of the next quarter.

I need to show
Quarter StartQuarter EndQuarter Due
01/01/202231/03/202214/05/2022
01/04/202230/06/202214/08/2022
01/07/202230/09/202214/11/2022
01/10/202231/12/202214/02/2023

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Are you trying to use this data to determine due dates for some other data that you're not showing us? Like if you have the date 03/05/2022 you want to return 14/08/2022?

If that is what you want then this formula would give you the due date of any arbitrary date:

Excel Formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)*3+2,14)

This uses an algorithm instead of your data so it will work for any date in any year. The due date is assumed to be the 14th day in the second month after the end of the calendar quarter.

Upvote 0
Solution
Are you trying to use this data to determine due dates for some other data that you're not showing us? Like if you have the date 03/05/2022 you want to return 14/08/2022?

If that is what you want then this formula would give you the due date of any arbitrary date:

Excel Formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)*3+2,14)

This uses an algorithm instead of your data so it will work for any date in any year. The due date is assumed to be the 14th day in the second month after the end of the calendar quarter.
Yes this sounds right! I will try it tomorrow thank you!

Upvote 0
You're welcome!

Just a hint for the future: Your question would have been easier to understand if you had added sample input data and sample results that you want.

Upvote 0
You're welcome!

Just a hint for the future: Your question would have been easier to understand if you had added sample input data and sample results that you want.
Yeah my bad I was tired when I posted lol but will make sure it's clear in future :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back