If dates in range overlap and values in x match return value

uk_2022

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Further to my last post, I have solved the overlapping dates formula however I am struggling with the next part.

In column P I would like a formula that would return "Available" if;

a) the check in date and check out date do not overlap any others within the range
b) the check in date and check out date do overlap others within the range but the overlapping dates do not require the same piece of equipment that is selected in column N.

or would return return "Not Available" if;

a) the check in date and check out date overlap another booking and require the same piece of equipment that is selected in column N.

For example; (see image)

There is a booking from 26/08/22 until 29/08/22 and another from the 26/08/22 until 02/09/22. They both want to book the "Sunlift Micro Hoist".

There is a third booking from 26/08/22 until 29/08/22 but requires the "Birdie Compact Hoist"

In column P, I have added the formula;

=IF(AND(SUMPRODUCT((I17<$K$9:$K$17)*(K17>$I$9:$I$17))>1,MATCH(N17,$N$9:$N$17,0)),"Check","Available")

but I need to tweak it so that it only returns "Check" is the dates overlap AND the equipment values match.

Can anyone advise?

TIA

Attachments

• E&O Example.png
    E&O Example.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 48

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Hi,

Try inserting the MATCH on equipment into tHE SUMPRODUCT part, like this:
Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT((I17<$K$9:$K$17)*(K17>$I$9:$I$17)*(N17=$N$9:$N$17))>1,"Check","Available")

Upvote 0
Sorry, not quite there.

Column N can contain multiple values in a cell therefore I need the formula to search the cells in column N for any matching values.

I have attached an example.

Example: Check in dates overlap and both rows contain "Birdie Compact Hoist" in column N, however row 10 also contains "Aquatec......." in the same cell.

Currently, column P is returning "available" as it is not picking up that "Birdie Compact Hoists" has appeared in both cells.

Can you advise?

TIA

Attachments

• E&O Example.png
    E&O Example.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: if dates overlap and value match enter value
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: if dates overlap and value match enter value
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Thanks. I posted my scenario here first yesterday. The other forum post was posted today as I haven't managed to resolve the issue here.

Upvote 0
That does not change the fact, that you need to inform both sites that you have cross posted.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back