If else formula

drop05

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello i have the following formula, and woul dlike to see if i can add something to it like an If else statement
this is my original formula

=IF($J5="","Set currency",IF($M5="Calendar",IFERROR(VLOOKUP($J5,'Foreign Exchange Rates'!$C$2:$F$201,2,FALSE),"No Rate"),"Please Fill Out"))

but would like to add that if Column $H5 = "Yes" then the cell = "1.000000000" if it is not then do the above

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
IF , is a type of if then else
IF ( test, TRUE , FALSE )
so you can also nest

as you are happy with this

=IF($J5="","Set currency",IF($M5="Calendar",IFERROR(VLOOKUP($J5,'Foreign Exchange Rates'!$C$2:$F$201,2,FALSE),"No Rate"),"Please Fill Out"))

BUT if cell H5 = yes , then test for that first

IF( H5="yes", 1.0 , IF($J5="","Set currency",IF($M5="Calendar",IFERROR(VLOOKUP($J5,'Foreign Exchange Rates'!$C$2:$F$201,2,FALSE),"No Rate"),"Please Fill Out")))

"1.000000000" is TEXT and will not be seen as a number
if thats what you want
then
otherwise is how many decimal places you format the cell to show

IF( H5="yes", "1.000000000" , IF($J5="","Set currency",IF($M5="Calendar",IFERROR(VLOOKUP($J5,'Foreign Exchange Rates'!$C$2:$F$201,2,FALSE),"No Rate"),"Please Fill Out")))

otherwise I dont understand the question

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which is very time consuming.

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC , then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share
I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.

Upvote 0
Try:

Excel Formula:
=IFS($H5="Yes","1.000000000",$J5="","Set currency",$M5="Calendar",IFERROR(VLOOKUP($J5,'Foreign Exchange Rates'!$C$2:$F$201,2,FALSE),"No Rate"),TRUE,"Please Fill Out")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back