IF Error or Conditional Formatting

freckles527

1st thank you for any help.

I have written formulas and used conditional formatting to hide error values. The specific one I am trying to hide is #Value!

I have a drop-down list in Column D that calculates a year result in Column E. This is based on using Defined Names.

Cell E formula is =IF(D6="","",INDEX(RP,MATCH(D6,RCC,0))). When my dropdown list in D is populated with a code, then E poulates with a year.

The user will put in an effective date in Column F. Column G calculates the Expiration Date from what populated in Column E.

Column G formula is: =DATE(YEAR(F6)+E6,MONTH(F7),DAY(F6)) this formula works and calculates the correct expiration date.

My issue is I have to copy all of these formulas down so the user doesn't have to remember to copy them or calculate the future date. I get a #Value! error.

I have tried using some ISERROR formulas, conditional formatting using ;;; and nothing is working.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Have you tried
=IFERROR()
=IFERROR(DATE(YEAR(F6)+E6,MONTH(F7),DAY(F6)),"")

Upvote 0
Hi etaf. I did try that and it isn't working. I will try it again in a new spreadsheet. Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
Got it finally - ugh. I thought I had tried this, but now it is working and leaves the cell blank if nothing is populated in F6.

=IF(F6<>"",(DATE(YEAR(F6)+E6,MONTH(F7),DAY(F6)),"")

Upvote 0
ok, glad its working OK now

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back