IF Formula help needed - football results spreadsheet

iamjj23

Hi there, I have just found this site and hopefully someone can help with them problem im faced with. I have one sheet within the workbook with the Table shown below where I track the football results from all English and Scottish leagues.
WEEK
HRES
HSCORE
HOME
AWAY
ASCORE
ARES
LOSE
NORWICH
ASTON VILLA
WIN
WIN
MANCHESTER CITY
MANCHESTER UNITED
LOSE

<tbody>
</tbody>
By typing the score into HSCORE and ASCORE I am returned the match result for each team in HRES and ARES. In another sheet I have the below table where the last weeks match result is input to form a week by week form guide.
Team
Norwich
LOSE
DRAW
Aston Villa
LOSE
WIN
Manchester City
WIN
DRAW
Manchester United
WIN
WIN

<tbody>
</tbody>
Currently I am having to input the match result for each week in manually but what I would ultimately like is to input a formula into each week that would copy the match result from table 1 to table 2 as the scores are input. I have tried a couple of IF statements but struggling to get my head around it. Any help much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Assuming the first set of data is on "Sheet1", here is a working formula for cell D2 on the other sheet:

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$3,MATCH($A2&D$1,Sheet1!$D$2:$D$3&Sheet1!$A$2:$A$3,0)),INDEX(Sheet1!$G$2:$G$3,MATCH($A2&D$1,Sheet1!$E$2:$E$3&Sheet1!$A$2:$A$3,0)))
Entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

This will work for the entire table (just "copy" and "paste formulas"). Obviously, you can also increase your "Sheet1" ranges to whatever is appropriate.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back