=IF Formula Help

D3383

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

Hope you all well and safe,

I have a query I am hoping you can assist with, I want to create a formula that will show text based on the value of another cell, which is formatted with a custom number as such £#,##0.00;[Red]-£#,##0.00;-

Basically, I need to show the following text " Threshold" if the custom value is -£, example being A1= Theshold if B1 has the -£ value in it.

I hope that makes sense and thank you for your assistance in advance.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I am not sure if I understand your requirement 100%. However, you could get use the following approach if it solves your problem.

Enter the following formula in B4 and copy it down

=IF(A4>$B$1,"Thershold","")

I made your threshold value as variable so that you can change it from, say, 1000 to 1200 without adjusting the above formula.
1624051109257.png

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
Thanks Saba,

I probably didn't explain my query clearly, hopefully the attached picture will help.

I have a formula in column AP which calculates the NI annual cost, based on a number of assumptions.

If these assumptions are not meet, the value is shown as a negative value, i.e -£378.65, when this happens, I would like column AN to auto input the text Threshold.

Attachments

• Threshold.png
    Threshold.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
Try

Excel Formula:
=IF(AP1<0,"Theshold","")

Upvote 0
If these assumptions are not meet, the value is shown as a negative value, i.e -£378.65, when this happens, I would like column AN to auto input the text Threshold.
In which cell will you have negative values and in which cell you want result as Theresold?

Can you post sample of your data using below link?

Upvote 0
For me it's working perfect..

Book1
ANAOAP
1 0
2Theshold-1
3 1
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
AN1:AN3AN1=IF(AP1<0,"Theshold","")

Upvote 0
What is in cell AP1?
Is it a formula?
If so, what exactly is that formula?

Upvote 0
Hi,

The solution from A Durfani should work.

A circular reference refers to a formula, that visits its own or another cell more than once in its chain of calculations, creating an infinite loop. It means Cells in AN are used by formulas in AP. For example, AN1 is used by formula in AP1.

You could check and remove it if the reference is not needed. Or if it does not affect your calculation, you could allow circular reference by If circular reference. Please see below.

1624315626183.png

Also I noticed a dropdown list in your picture in column AN. If so, allow formula in it (probably you have already have it) by unchecking the Show Error check box as shown below.

1624316039257.png

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back