if formula help

rhino801

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI, i am still learning some simple formulas, but have one that is not working and hopeing someone can help with it. below is the formula. Where or what do I need to change so it works?

=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=3),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=4),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

This was all ok until I added the If formula at the end. What I want to do is add to the below.

=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=3),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")

I thought if I just add the below in if would work, but seem not too.

IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=4),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

what i want it to do is look up another tab called "mapped" an if cell in AV2=4, then I want it to be coming through as Upfront, and adjustment upfront if less than 0.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(MAPPED!AV2=3,MAPPED!AV2=4),IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")))

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(MAPPED!AV2=3,MAPPED!AV2=4),IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")))
Hi Fluff,

thanks for the reply & welcome.

I probably didnt explain it too well, as that came back with a false. I will try explain it more simply.

This was the original formula that I had:- (all working fine)

=IF(MAPPED!AV3=2,IF(AK3<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(AK3<0,MAPPED!AV3=3),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

I then had another part I wanted to add to the end of this, which I though would just be adding the following:

IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=4),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

I assume as I already had a second if(or in the false part of the formula, it wouldnt allow me to put another one in?

i thought the full formula would then be the below:-

=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=3),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=4),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

excel didnt like it and added a * into the formula to be below:

=IF(MAPPED!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=3),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront")*IF(OR(AK2<0,MAPPED!AV2=4),"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"))

this still dint work, so I am not sure where to adjust!!

Thanks

Upvote 0
You are probably getting False because AV2 does not equal 2,3 or 4.
To get rid of that use
Excel Formula:
=IF(Mapped!AV2=2,IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Trail","Trail"),IF(OR(Mapped!AV2=3,Mapped!AV2=4),IF(AK2<0,"Adjustment - Upfront","Upfront"),""))

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: if formula lookup
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back