If Function to Copy a different cell value into another cell and change different cell value

yazanibrahim1984

Hello,

My first post because I usually find my answers without asking :)

So here's my issue:

I'm trying to create a formula, using IF Function maybe??, that copies certain cells from one sheet to different cells in another sheet and change a cell value on the first sheet, but the cells are not in the same order and their

Each sheet has 1700+ rows and about 47 columns

Let's take the below as sample:

Sheet 2 Cell J2 has the text YES
Sheet 2 Cell A2 has text
Sheet 2 Cell B2 has numbers
Sheet 2 Cell C2 has date
Sheet 2 Cell D2 has a number

I'm writing a formula in Sheet1 Cell A2 that says:=if(Sheet2!J2="yes",... but I also want to copy Sheet2 cell A2 in Sheet1 Cell B2 and Copy Sheet2 Cell B2 into Sheet1 E4 and Copy Sheet2 Cell C2 into Sheet1 Cell G2 aaaaaand I want to set the value of D2 to 0.00

Is this monster possible?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Re: IF Function Gurus - If Function to Copy a different cell value into another cell and change different cell value

Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
A formula can only affect the cell that it's in, so to change multiple cells, you will need a formula in each of them.

Upvote 0
Re: IF Function Gurus - If Function to Copy a different cell value into another cell and change different cell value

Thanks for the welcome, but doesn't sound a bit excessive to have a formula in each cell?

Upvote 0

It's either that or VBA.
As I said a formula can only affect the cell it's in.

Upvote 0

but doesn't sound a bit excessive to have a formula in each cell?
No, not at all, if you want a value to be returned in each cell. That is the way Excel works.
In order to return a value in each cell, you either need to hard-code it in there, or have a formula in that cell that returns the value you are looking for.

If you want to assign a value to a certain cell without manually typing it in (or using copy/paste), or using a formula in that cell, that would require VBA code to copy or assign something to those cells.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I see... any suggestion how to code that in VBA?

Upvote 0

I figured that was the case, because I tried IF functions in many different ways using AND & OR function, but nothing worked :(

Upvote 0

In order to supply a macro we would need to no exactly what needs to happen & when

Upvote 0

Well this is what I wish to exactly happen:

1. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Make the value in Cell E6 = 0.00 on Sheet2

2. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Change the text in Cell A3 to Processed on Sheet1

3. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Copy the text in Cell A6 on Sheet2 to Cell B3 on Sheet1

4. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Copy the text in Cell D6 on Sheet2 to Cell E3 on Sheet1

5. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Copy the text in Cell F6 on Sheet2 to Cell F3 on Sheet1

6. If Cell K6 = Yes on Sheet2 then Copy the text in Cell I6 on Sheet2 to Cell D3 on Sheet1

Upvote 0

How about
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
   If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
   If Target.Address(0, 0) = "K6" Then
      If Target.Value = "Yes" Then
         Range("E6") = 0
         With Sheets("Sheet1")
            .Range("A3").Value = "Prcoessed"
            .Range("B3") = Range("A6")
            .Range("E3") = Range("D6")
            .Range("F3") = Range("F6")
            .Range("D3") = Range("I6")
         End With
      End If
   End If
End Sub
This needs to do in the Sheet2 code module and will run automatically whenever you change K6

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back