IF function where both cells contains a formula

Leeroy82

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to write an IF formula to look @ 2 cells and then return a text result however both of those cells contain a formula referencing another sheet.

The 2 cells I am trying to reference have VLOOKUP's I am using to draw from other data sets.

I am trying to work out if the Pref hours match the Sched Hours and if so return a Yes or No result in the Pref Met column.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how I can get this to work??

1609802204282.png

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Also looking to return a yes result if the agent has 7:30 paid hours within the pref hours

Upvote 0
kind of confused with the Table you have posted it seems to have No in places where yes needs to be.
if the header starts with cell A1
is this what you need

in CELL D3=
Excel Formula:
if(A3=B3,"YES","NO")

if you can clarify exactly what you need if that is not what your looking for.

Upvote 0
kind of confused with the Table you have posted it seems to have No in places where yes needs to be.
if the header starts with cell A1
is this what you need

in CELL D3=
Excel Formula:
if(A3=B3,"YES","NO")

if you can clarify exactly what you need if that is not what your looking for.
Thanks for your reply. Yep the No's are where the formula isn't working correctly.

I have tried the formula above but it seems to not work as both the referenced cells (Ie A3 & B3) have VLOOKUP's in them, its looking to match the formula rather than the result of the formula.

Upvote 0
I do not think its matching the formula. however, I do see where A is not equal to B because in column B there is no space between the Start time and "-" and no space between "-" and end time like it is in column A. test this out manually add the space in the one cell in column B and see what the results becomes. see if that does anything

Upvote 0
Solution
I do not think its matching the formula. however, I do see where A is not equal to B because in column B there is no space between the Start time and "-" and no space between "-" and end time like it is in column A. test this out manually add the space in the one cell in column B and see what the results becomes. see if that does anything
Awesome, that was the issue along with the time format!

Thank you

Upvote 0
Great. I would need to see your other cell formula to be able to help you if you are not able to correct it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back