IF FUNCTION WHICH CHECKS ENTRY, THEN GETS SUM FROM SAME ROW, DEVIDES THAT BY 12, PUTS ALL VALUES IN ONE CELL

Verno2021

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am working for an insurance company. I am working on a Excel sheet which totals up payments and statuses (Customer Cancellation, Bad Debt, Late Payment, etc.).

I can't come up with a function which checks for cancellation in the same column, gets the annual amount from a separate column but obviously on the same row, then divides that annual amount by 12.

Where cancellation is found, divide value by 12, then all the sums that are a result of the division to be added up (putting this final sum in the cell the formula is written, without spilling like the standard IF).

The problem I am trying to solve is that we have expected amounts for each month which we expect, but we want these expected amounts to minus the month direct debit payment where ever there is a "cancelled" entered in the column. Some customers have cancelled straight away without making a single payment, so I have to go to the annual column and divide by 12. I hope this makes sense, as it is hard to explain.

I could just do IF statements, but I then I have write another formula at the bottom of where the values have been spilled to sum where the values are greater than 0 (what the IF statement has returned). I am talking many months so I am trying to half the work if I can. I am hoping there is a function which do all this for me without having do another function just to then add up all the values.

Many thanks.

Craig

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: IF FUNCTION WHICH CHECKS ENTRY, THEN GETS SUM FROM SAME ROW, DEVIDES THAT BY 12, ADDS ALL VALUES IN ONE CELL
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back