IF function with division and FLOOR function

faeryluv

Hi, everyone! I work for a nonprofit and our big Walks are coming up. I am in charge of running reports and getting registration binders ready for volunteers. They will check in Walkers and depending on the amount of money they raised, and the number of members on their team, will hand out t-shirts they have earned. To make it easy for them, I wanted to include a column that determines the amount of t-shirts so there is no thinking required. Volunteers get distracted because there is a lot going on.

While in Google sheets, I have found this formula to work perfect:
=if((B2/100)>C2,C2,floor(B2/100))
However, while in Excel, it will not work and I can't figure out why.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance:)

More Info:

Every registered Walker that raises $100 or more will get a t-shirt. For teams, t-shirts are distributed based on the amount of money they raise, capped by the number of members on the team. For example, a team of 10 that raises $800 would get eight shirts. A team of 10 that raises $1,200 would get 10 shirts.

Team NameAmount Raised# Team MembersShirts Earned
Walk It Out$190.1421
Walkie Talkies$385.2553
Walking Warriors$2,500.0688

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I need help again :)

I have two tabs/sheets in my workbook - one for individuals and another for teams. Beside each individual I have their team name listed. Next to that column I want a formula that will look up the team amount raised on the second tab and place that amount on the first tab.

Sheet 1
ABCD
1Team NameTeam RaisedIndividualIndividual Raised
2Happy Walkers$FORMULAJohn Doe$100

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2

AB
1Team NameTeam Raised
2Happy Walkers$1,200

<tbody>
</tbody>

The formula would search sheet 2 for the name "Happy Walkers" and then apply the amount of $1,200 into the column Team Raised on Sheet 1.

I print two reports but the report that lists out each individual walker doesn't also display how much their team raised, only how much the participant raised.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your time! :biggrin:

****** id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">M
Team NameTeam RaisedIndividualIndividual Raised
Happy Walkers$John Doe$100

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2</body>

Upvote 0
I need help again :)

I have two tabs/sheets in my workbook - one for individuals and another for teams. Beside each individual I have their team name listed. Next to that column I want a formula that will look up the team amount raised on the second tab and place that amount on the first tab.

Sheet 1
ABCD
1Team NameTeam RaisedIndividualIndividual Raised
2Happy Walkers$FORMULAJohn Doe$100

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2

AB
1Team NameTeam Raised
2Happy Walkers$1,200

<tbody>
</tbody>

The formula would search sheet 2 for the name "Happy Walkers" and then apply the amount of $1,200 into the column Team Raised on Sheet 1.

I print two reports but the report that lists out each individual walker doesn't also display how much their team raised, only how much the participant raised.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your time! :biggrin:

Oops - please ignore the bottom part of my first post and just read this part. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Try using this in B2....modify the range in red to suit

Code:
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2![color=red]$A$2:$B$14[/color],2,0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back