IF function

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Please help me to solve this if function.

Cell A contains <TALLYMESSAGE xmlns:UDF="TallyUDF"><VOUCHER><OLDAUDITENTRYIDS.LIST TYPE="Number"><OLDAUDITENTRYIDS>-1</OLDAUDITENTRYIDS></OLDAUDITENTRYIDS.LIST>

Cell B contains TEXT('Sheet1'!A2,"yyyymmdd") from another sheet

If cell B=19000100, show blank, else show <TALLYMESSAGE xmlns:UDF="TallyUDF"><VOUCHER><OLDAUDITENTRYIDS.LIST TYPE="Number"><OLDAUDITENTRYIDS>-1</OLDAUDITENTRYIDS></OLDAUDITENTRYIDS.LIST>

B column contains different text value of date in yyyymmdd format. 20200401, 20200402,etc, The cell which contains 19000100, should display a blank cell in A column.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Maybe it is = IF ( B2 = 0 , "", A2)

Upvote 0
Maybe it is = IF ( B2 = 0 , "", A2)
No. The cell is not blank. B2 contains a formula from the previous sheet which is dragged to the end and will display a yyyymmdd format. If in the previous sheet if the date cell is blank it will show 19000100.

Upvote 0
So 19000100 in the format yyyymmdd reads as the 0 of jan 1900. That's a zero value, hence my formula (no saying B2 is blank, but zero). Format as number and see if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
So 19000100 in the format yyyymmdd reads as the 0 of jan 1900. That's a zero value, hence my formula (no saying B2 is blank, but zero). Format as number and see if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks. It worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you upload a data sample using XL2BB add-on. Or paste a range of cells with example where it is not working. Do include the range of dates on the other sheet as well.

Guessing for the moment...

Upvote 0
I am trying to know how to use XL2BB but not understanding it. Can I send you an image instead.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back