=IF(ISBLANK Formula returning error

pawcoyote

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Howdy,

I am working with the following formula in my spreadsheet.

=IF(ISBLANK(F3),"Never Reported",IF(OR(MONTH(TODAY())<MONTH(F3),YEAR(TODAY())<YEAR(F3)),"Not Reporting","Reporting"))

F3 has a formula in that cell as well which reports either a date or blank.

When a date is in the cell the formula works but when there is a blank the formula returns #VALUE !

I would like to know how I can get the Never Reported to show if the cell is Blank.

Thank you for any help!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
One follow up question if you do not mind.

=IF(F3="","Never Reported",IF(OR(MONTH(TODAY())<MONTH(F3),YEAR(TODAY()),<YEAR(F3)),"Not Reporting","Reporting"))

If my date in F3 is not returning the Not Reporting if the date is less than today. It looks like if it see's this year or this month it says reporting. I want to show anything less than today's date i.e 2/21/19 as not reporting... Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Not sure I follow, post the formula you are using & a sample of what is in F3 & what result you expect.

Note: If your formula contains < or > make sure there is a space either side of them when posting here, like =today() < A1
otherwise the formula won'y post correctly.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I tried to put a space on the sides of the < or > that did not work. It keeps cutting off my formula. Also I do not see how I can upload a spreadsheet with my simple sample.

Upvote 0
Click on the hashtag in the quick reply area and the post your formula between the "CODE" tags and it should post properly. If you want to put a file up you will need to use something like dropbox and then post a link, but a lot of people won't click on those type of links (Though some will).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back