IF/Nested IF Statement help!

L

Legacy 313594

Excel & VBA Folks,

I'm fairly new to VBA, but have been working hard to learn & help my company. I need help consolidating my code though, it's long & continually tests IF statements. The below code runs through about 1500 rows trying to match trade breaks to two seperate spreadsheets depending on whether
Code:
cells(i,"H) = "CORPLD or Cells(i,"H")="MUNI"
containing up to 3000 trades, using several IF/ Vlookups. If it returns a match, it moves to the next i (row).

Can anyone help with consolidating my code? Do I have the right idea with the NESTED IF's or is it an overkill?

Code:
For i = 2 To N    
    If Cells(i, "H") = "FIX" Or Cells(i, "H") = "LCV" Then
        GoTo Arsenal2:
    End If

If Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" Then
            GoTo London:
        End If

If Cells(i, "H") = "CORPLD" Then
                        Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-20]:C[-12],9,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
            End If

If Cells(i, "H") = "CORPLD" And Cells(i, "U") = "Non-Trade Related" Then
                        Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-19]:C[-12],8,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-18]:C[-12],7,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                    End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-17]:C[-12],6,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
   End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-16]:C[-12],5,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                            End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-15]:C[-12],4,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-14]:C[-12],3,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                    End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Ladder Trades'!C[-13]:C[-12],2,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                        End If

London:
                            If Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" Then
                                    Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-20]:C[-12],9,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                            End If

If Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" And Cells(i, "U") = "Non-Trade Related" Then
                                        Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-19]:C[-12],8,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                    End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-18]:C[-12],7,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                        End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-17]:C[-12],6,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                            End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-16]:C[-12],5,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
                                                End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-15]:C[-12],4,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
    End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-14]:C[-12],3,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
    End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-13]:C[-12],2,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
     End If

Arsenal2:
    Next i

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?:

If these are all the same condition:
Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]If Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" And Cells(i, "U") = "Non-Trade Related" Then[/COLOR]
    Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-18]:C[-12],7,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
End If

[COLOR=#ff0000]If Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" And Cells(i, "U") = "Non-Trade Related" Then[/COLOR]
    Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-17]:C[-12],6,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
End If

Cells(i, "U").Formula = "=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C[-1],'Muni Trades'!C[-16]:C[-12],5,FALSE),""Non-Trade Related"")"
End If
You can consolidate like this:
Code:
[COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR] Cells(i, "H") = "MUNI" [COLOR=#0000ff]And[/COLOR] Cells(i, "U") = "Non-Trade Related"[COLOR=#0000ff] Then[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]End If[/COLOR]

No need to repeat the same condition over and over again :) Hope this helps! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back