If not working properly

hooty22

I currently have two pages in a book. One page is an inventory page. It has all inventory listed. The second page lists all the shipping information for any inventory that is out.

I want an availability column on the first Inventory page to state Yes if the inventory name is not listed on the second page. I want it to read No if the inventory is listed on the second shipping page. I tried =IF((Inventory!A4='Shipping Information'!$A:$A), "NO", "YES") but it is not working correctly.

Please help :)

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Try out the MATCH function.

=MATCH(Inventory!A4,'Shipping Information'!$A:$A,0)

However, this will return #N/A! when it does not find a match. To handle this, we put it inside of an IF(ISERROR function.

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(Inventory!A4,'Shipping Information'!$A:$A,0)),"YES","NO")

Upvote 0
try:

=IF(countif('Shipping Information'!$A:$A,Inventory!A4)=0, "NO", "YES")

Upvote 0
I currently have two pages in a book. One page is an inventory page. It has all inventory listed. The second page lists all the shipping information for any inventory that is out.

I want an availability column on the first Inventory page to state Yes if the inventory name is not listed on the second page. I want it to read No if the inventory is listed on the second shipping page. I tried =IF((Inventory!A4='Shipping Information'!$A:$A), "NO", "YES") but it is not working correctly.

Please help :)
Here's one way...

=IF(COUNTIF('Shipping Information'!$A:$A,Inventory!A4),"No","Yes")

Upvote 0
Still not working properly. I do have drop boxes in the second page that are populated with the data from the Inventory page. Is that preventing me from using the IF function?

Upvote 0
ARGH. It will work properly for the first 3 items on the Inventory sheet, but will not find the remaining data on the second sheet.:mad:

Upvote 0
Can you give us a sample of your data? There could be underlying issues.

Upvote 0
I <3 =Clean... I don't know why it works, but it does. Thanks so much for the help everyone!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back