If(or formula-array

samyscraps01

Board Regular
Good Afternoon,

I would like some help on a formula for IF(OR. I have attached the spreadsheet for reference. I would like the formula to do two things:

1. when the category drop-down menu is on ALL. I would like it to display all the results on cell C7 and C8.
2. If a date is not available because it is is blank rather than having it return a random date as it has been doing. I would like it to just stay blank.

I have been trying to modify the formula but it is not working well even though I added the all into it. Also, does the formula need to become an array for it to list all possible dates once I select all?

For reference, I am not going to be posting this on other sites.

Thanks.
http://IFOR.JPG

ABCD
1 EmployeeCategoryDate
2 ThorndaleALL
7DeliveryDISPLAY 1/17/18 HERE
8PurchaseNOTHING IN CELL C3, LEAVE BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>
What i would like is two things.

1. when I select a given employee and I select ALL from the Category drop-down menu then give me all the dates at once associated with that employee. They should populate in Cells C7 and C8. This is coming from the informatoin on tab Y of the same spreadsheet.

2. If there is nothing in the cell, then return a blank rather than a random date.

Main Spreadsheet Formula

=IF(OR($A$2="",$B$2="",SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A$2:A$10=$A$2)*(Sheet1!B$1:D$1=$B$2)+($A$5="ALL")*(Sheet1!B$2:D$10))=0),"",SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A$2:A$10=$A$2)*(Sheet1!B$1:D$1=$B$2)*(Sheet1!B$2:D$10))) FORMULA IN CELL C2

=IF(OR($B$2="ALL", $B$2="ALL"),"Delivery","") FORMULA IN CELL C7, THESE FORMULAS ONLY APPEAR WHEN ALL IN CELL B2 IS SELECTED

=IF(OR($B$2="ALL", $B$2="ALL"),"Purchase","") FORMULA IN CELL C8, " "

TAB Y
ABCD
1 EmployeeDeliveryPurchaseALL
2 Smith2/21/181/10/18
3 Thorndale1/17/18

<tbody>
</tbody>

IF CELL IS BLANK LIKE IN C3 DO NOT ENTER A DATE, IT'S BEEN INPUTTING A DATE OF 1/0/1900. NOT SURE WHY BUT I WANT IT TO STAY BLANK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back