If sheet name contains specific text select range and paste to another ws

jsayers2869

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Need help building a code. I want to search all worksheets in a workbook that contain a specific string in its sheet name to copy cell data of a range and paste as values into a different ws.

What I ultimately need to do is take data from A2 of all BL ws and paste into Column A of Summary ws. Then take A1 of all SL ws and paste into Column B of Summary ws. I would need to paste as values. My sheets are named 1-15 as BL, SL (BL1, SL1, BL2, SL2, BL3, SL3, ect) and a Summary ws.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi jsayers2869,

Welcome to MrExcel!!

Try this:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Macro1()

Dim wsSumm As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet
    Dim strCol As String
    Dim lngRow As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set wsSumm = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Summary") '<-Sheet name for the data to be concolidated. Change to suit.

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
        If ws.Name <> wsSumm.Name Then
            strCol = IIf(StrConv(Left(ws.Name, 2), vbUpperCase) = "BL", "A", "B")
            lngRow = IIf(StrConv(Left(ws.Name, 2), vbUpperCase) = "BL", 2, 1)
            wsSumm.Range(strCol & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = ws.Range("A" & lngRow)
        End If
    Next ws

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards,

Robert

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi jsayers2869,

Welcome to MrExcel!!

Try this:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Macro1()

Dim wsSumm As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet
    Dim strCol As String
    Dim lngRow As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set wsSumm = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Summary") '<-Sheet name for the data to be concolidated. Change to suit.

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
        If ws.Name <> wsSumm.Name Then
            strCol = IIf(StrConv(Left(ws.Name, 2), vbUpperCase) = "BL", "A", "B")
            lngRow = IIf(StrConv(Left(ws.Name, 2), vbUpperCase) = "BL", 2, 1)
            wsSumm.Range(strCol & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = ws.Range("A" & lngRow)
        End If
    Next ws

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards,

Robert
Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I did try running this and I get an Run-Time error '9' subscript out of range. It highlights Set wsSumm = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Summary") as the reasoning. I have a Summary tab so I am unsure why it is giving this error.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. I did try running this and I get an Run-Time error '9' subscript out of range. It highlights Set wsSumm = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Summary") as the reasoning. I have a Summary tab so I am unsure why it is giving this error.

That error message usually appears when a sheet that is being referenced is not exactly as you see it.
To check, select a blank cell on any other sheet and reference cell A1 of the Summary tab. The reference to sheet in the formula will show how the tab needs to be referenced in the code (at a guess I'd say there's a space in the name. If so Excel will put a single quote around the sheet name in the formula).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back