IF statement is not working while comparing Text

Sun11

Hi, here is the problem. In following table at the place of "Angle" I fetch data using following formula.
Code:
=IF(A2 = "<<<","Ingress",LEFT(A2, SEARCH(" ",A2,1)))
DescriptionAngleAspect Dg
<<<Ingress
Trine VenusTrine

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now at "Aspect Dg" I tried using following formula with IF statement but its not working.
Code:
=IF(B2 ="Ingress","None",IF(B2 ="Trine", 120,IF(B2 ="Conjunction",0,IF(B2 ="Opposition",180,IF(B2 ="Square", 90, 60)))))
It always showing me 60, if "Angle" is not "Ingress"

Please help. Both all columns are in general format.

Regards

Last edited:

gaz_chops

It is your 1st formula which is incorrect, it is returning a space at the end "Trine "

Try
=IF(A2 = "<<<","Ingress",LEFT(A2, SEARCH(" ",A2,1)-1))

Sun11

It is your 1st formula which is incorrect, it is returning a space at the end "Trine "

Try
=IF(A2 = "<<<","Ingress",LEFT(A2, SEARCH(" ",A2,1)-1))
Thank you so much i corrected my first formula & it worked!! :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excelbat

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...