If Then - Fill? 1 List to 2?

JustOneQuestion

Hi all,

I am looking to separate a list based off the value in one cell.

I have a 'master' list that has all lots of items on it, and I want to be able to a number, or letter, in a cell off the side of the quantity/description/notes that will mirror the selection in a smaller list.

Here is a made up example of a shortened 'master' list.

ProductSizeQuantityNotesList
shirtlg20black 1
pantsxl12white 2
glovesmed6blue 2

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I want to have another section, for example list 1, that takes all of the items (the product, size, quantity, notes) and puts it in a separate list. without the other items.

So in this example list 1 would only show

</tbody>
shirtlg20black 1

<tbody>
</tbody>

and list 2 would only show:

</tbody>
pantsxl12white 2
glovesmed6blue 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is this possible?

The items and lists will change a lot, that is what I do not simply have list 1 and 2 with those specific items.

Thank you!

-JOQ

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Why not just create a pivot of the master data in your sheet, then add the list field to the pivot filter? From here the table will only populated whatever list you specify in the filter.

Upvote 0
Step 1: Click anywhere inside the raw data set and press Alt,D,P,Enter,Enter,Enter (This will create a pivot table for you).
Step 2: Click Product, Size, and Notes boxes in the pivot fields list (new pane on the right of your screen). This should add these fields to the Row Labels section of the pivot pane.
Step 3: Click the Quantity label and drag it to the values box of the pivot pane
Step 4: Click the List label and drag it to the Report Filter box of the pivot pane
Step 5: Click anywhere in the pivot table then click the PivotTableTools -> Design tab in the MS Ribbon (It should be the color pink).
Step 6: Click the Report Layout Button dropdown and choose "Show in tabular form"
Step 7: On the same tab, click the Subtotals dropdown and choose "Do not Show Subtotals"
(Everything you have done so far has set up the pivot table)
Step 8:Directly above the pivot table you will see a filter box that takes up two cells. It will say "List" in the left cell, and "(All)" in the right cell. Click the drop down in the right cell and choose which list you would like to view.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back