If value in table X not in table Y then return it - how to?

Camel123

Board Regular
Hi,

I have one table (1) in sheet 1 and another table (2) in sheet 2. I want a formula in sheet 3 that checks if values in table 2 exists in table 1, if no, then the formula should return the missing value.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi,

Have you tried to use the match() function ...???

Code:
=MATCH(Sheet2!B2,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$20,0)

HTH

Upvote 0
I tried but do only get N/A#. Lookup value found when evaluating the formula but in the next step error. Does have to do with the values in the array being numbers generated by formulas referring to an additional sheet?

Upvote 0
I typed the MATCH formula on sheet 2 and then it works, but when using it in sheet 3 where I want it, it gives me the error.

Upvote 0
Hi,

There is no reason for the Match function to work in Sheet 2 ... and not in Sheet 3 ...

If the one in Sheet 2 does produce your expected result ... you can always cut it ... and paste it in Sheet 3 ...

Hope this will help

Upvote 0
https://imgur.com/93GU1m4

Please see picture. It does not even work on the same sheet. All cells are formatted the same and there are no space or such things. J column= left and L= right, just noticed I did not capture that part on the pic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

Inside your match function ... you do need to specify which Sheet to use :

Hope this clarifies ...

Upvote 0
Hello,

Inside your match function ... you do need to specify which Sheet to use :

Hope this clarifies ...

I used the funktion on data on the same sheet on that picture but does not work even when not involving multiple sheets.

Upvote 0
Appreciate you trying. I created a new workbook, then I typed some random info in random tables and created 3 tables, to simulate the real problem. I used some index and match and it worked, when applying the same solution to the workbook to be used it does not work so I guess it has something to do with the the workbook and not formulas. I'll try to figure it out. I believe the issue might be caused because the numbers are not considered in numbers in one of the sheets..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back