IF( Vlookup>Date) displays 1/0/1900 instead of blank

ThePangloss

So I'm trying to use

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(D2,'Sheet2l'!$A$2:$M$2467,5,FALSE)>P2,VLOOKUP(D2,'Sheet2'!$A$2:$M$2467,5,FALSE))

I tried using it with IF instead of IFERROR as well and it didn't work

using

=IF(VLOOKUP(D2,'Sheet2'!$A$2:$M$2467,6,FALSE)<=P2,VLOOKUP(D2,'Sheet2'!$A$2:$M$2467,6,FALSE),"")

which produces 1/0/1900 for anything that has a blank in Sheet2

Any way to fix the 1/0/1900's and the #N/A's that come with the second formula?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Maybe this
Code:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!$A$2:$M$2467,5,FALSE))>P2,"",VLOOKUP(D2,Sheet2!$A$2:$M$2467,5,FALSE))

Upvote 0
Are you referencing the correct column....ie, 5

Upvote 0
OK, what is in col "D" and what is in the first Col of the table array "Sheet2!$A$2:$M$2467" ??
AND it is in Sheet2 ??

Upvote 0
OK, what is in col "D" and what is in the first Col of the table array "Sheet2!$A$2:$M$2467" ??
AND it is in Sheet2 ??

In Col D is a unique reference number, which is in both sheets(Col A in Sheet 2). In the first Column of Sheet 2 is the list of reference #'s and yes it's in Sheet 2.

When I use the second formula I posted, just with the IF(VLOOKUP....) I get matches but the other ones that should be blank end up as #N/A's and 1/0/1900's with the latter being way more common. I guess it has to do with the formatting of the cells in Sheet2 and the fact that some look blank but probably aren't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it's a unique reference number, why are looking for a greater than the value in P2 in the formula ??

Upvote 0
If it's a unique reference number, why are looking for a greater than the value in P2 in the formula ??

I need to pull a date from the 6th column(sheet 2) that is less than the date in Column P(sheet 1) so I figured if VLOOKUP finds a date, and it's less than the date in P2 it should paste it into the cell(Which is why i did IF(VLOOKUP<P). I'm trying to chronologically sort dates for this but it's not just as simple as chronologically sorting because some dates are in a group that go together. I used the IFERROR to use > than because that'd give an error, and in the IF i used less than because that's what I wanted.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back