IF with OR formula

dguillen

I desperately need help with figuring out a formula. I've tried many different combinations and functions. i have the majority of the sheet completed except for this portion. I need the formula to read something like this.... Find employee1 and see if he has either Training#1 OR Training#2, then put and "X" in the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need me to send you the actual excel sheet. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
try =IF(OR(A1="Training#1",A1="Training#2"),"X","")

Upvote 0
Hello, maybe something like this =IF(OR(VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C1000,2,0)={"Training#1","Training#2"}),"X","")

Where Employee 1 is in A1, the matching names are in column B and Training number is in column C

Upvote 0
Hello DigDoug, Maybe dgilillen will provide the answer, if not, if you can provide some specifics and/or some sample data, maybe we can help.

Upvote 0
My solution was to use an "IF"&"COUNTIF" with in an "IF"&"COUNTIF" statement. Since I wanted to search for Training#1 or Training#2 I made it look something like this =if(countif(employeeX,training1)),"x",if(countif(employeeX,training2)),"x","")

and that hat did the trick. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again everybody!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back