IF within an IF - VBA

pook_666

Board Regular
Hi magicians,

I'm having issues with an IF VBA script.

I have sheets in a workbook that either contain a value in M3 or L3 - it can never be both.

If a sheet has a value in M3 or L3 of above 0.01, I want to copy & paste particular data.

I've got the below code that isn't working for me where if the value in M3 is less than 0.01, it still copies & pastes the data. However, if I remove the second IF looking at L3 and re-run it, it correctly doesn't pick up less than 0.01 when looking at sheets where it has figures in M3.

Not sure that you can have an IF within an IF like the below or am missing something obvious......any help greatly appreciated!

VBA Code:
                If ws.Range("M3").Value >= 0.01 Then
                    lrow = ws.Range("A" & ws.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
                    'copy & paste data
                        With wsDestination
                            ws.Range("A7:A" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                            ws.Range("B7:B" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("C" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                            ws.Range("L7:L" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("E" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                        End With
                Else
                    If ws.Range("L3").Value >= 0.01 Then
                        'copy & paste data
                            With wsDestination
                                ws.Range("A7:A" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("B" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                                ws.Range("B7:B" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("C" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                                ws.Range("L7:L" & lrow).Copy Destination:=.Range("E" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
                            End With
                    End If
                End If

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
try this
VBA Code:
                If ws.Range("M3").Value >= 0.01 Or ws.Range("L3").Value >= 0.01 Then
                    'copy & paste data
                        With wsDestination
                        End With
                End If

Upvote 0
Have you tried
VBA Code:
 If ws.Range("L3").Value >= 0.01 OR ws.Range("M3").Value >= 0.01Then
                    'copy & paste data
                        With wsDestination
                        End With
  End If

Upvote 0
Amazing you both came back with the same answers!!

However, unfortunately it isn't working :(

I probably should have given a bit more info (sorry!) - on the sheets where the code is looking, there is either text in L3 and figures in M3 or text in K3 and figures in L3.

So running your codes (and mine), if the sheet has text in L3 and figures in M3 and the figure is a negative (for example) it still does the copy & paste.

I presume it's to do with there being text in L3?

Upvote 0
Thats a LOT more than first requested !!
AND you are now including K3 in the equation ??

Upvote 0
I think you need provide a step by step list of what MIGHT be resident in the cells...ALL variations would be preferred.. (y)
Text and numbers are treated differently in a lot of cases !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back