IFERROR Statement

Harvey12

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have recently been doing some work on confidential files that contain a formula which needs developing and I am really struggling with this.

Here is the formula that is currently used:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A21,[Publicat.xls]Service!$C:$K,9,FALSE),"No")

What this formula does is take cell A20: These are part numbers for Service OR Operator manuals (Which can both be translated into 33 different languages). Then what is doing is looking through a large table which gives us all the info about that particular manual, in column 9 which is what I am getting the Vlookup to return is if that language is available. Unfortunately this formula only looks at the service manuals as seen written in the formula. I'd like to add a function to allow this to look at both tabs (Service and Operator), I am not sure how to get the formula to first search the Service tab and if it can't find the unique part number in there to search in the Operator tab and pull back the availability of languages.

Can someone please assist.

Many thanks
Harvey

Special-K99

First, it's actually looking at cell A21 not A20.

Try

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(...Service...)),ISERROR(VLOOKUP(...Operator...)),"No")

if you see what I mean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canadian Sal

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...